Web Site Changes, etc.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Matthia - Matthia Message Center ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kurt Matthia on November 06, 1999 at 21:56:08:

In Reply to: Good to hear from you posted by Bob Mathia on November 06, 1999 at 21:32:00:

26 Oct 1999

Dear Bob,

I have made many changes to the Web Site.

In your e-mail you asked questions about Bialowieza. I have mapped it along with many of the other Mathia - Matthia towns on our new Maps page. Please give it a try and see if this answers your questions about its location.

Please also visit the Current Research Threads page and read the entry about your family. My understanding from your e-mail is that you will also be pursuing this line. That is great!

As you do your research, we would really appreciate it if you report back your findings by film number. Please look at the bottom of the Annotated Sources page for Reetz as and example:
http://www.matthia.org/sources/film1569323.html

If we document our research carefully this way, we will not have to retrace our steps over the same films multiple times. Also, patterns may emerge. Karen and I are pretty well convinced that your line will converge with ours one or two generations back. One thing that leads us to this conclusion is that these Mathia families are serving as godparents and marriage witnesses for one another from city to city.

You may find other new things at the site; I don't know how often you visit. I would appreciate any ideas you have for improvement. And any contribution of information. I am retired and have time right now to work on the site.

Your grandfather is number 595 on the new graphical pedigree viewer I installed.

This brings me to my next question. You offered to share some or all of your family information. For this web site, we are focusing on all persons with the name Mathia or Matthia (including variations like Mathyja) and their spouses and their children. Thus my mother shows up, but not her ancestors. All my children and grandchildren show up.

We would very much like to post as much of your branch of the family as you are willing to share. All information on the living except their names is being suppressed by the software that generates the site. You can give it to me in any form--printed, fax, e-mail, or GEDCOM, and I will get it entered.

Any other historical information and photos would be great too! We are not just interested in those that lived in Germany, but those in the United States also.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Kurt Matthia

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Matthia - Matthia Message Center ] [ FAQ ]