Re: The town names

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Matthia - Matthia Message Center ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bob Mathia on November 06, 1999 at 22:12:01:

In Reply to: Good to hear from you posted by Bob Mathia on November 06, 1999 at 21:32:00:

2 Nov 1999

Hi Karen,

Thanks for the info on the names. But right after I sent you the question about the spelling Polish vs German, I thought of looking at the Gazateer/Map section on your web page, and found them too. What a dummy!

After looking at the maps there, I then re-looked them up in my "Polish Atlas" and found them there, too.

I decided to make a scan copy of the pages in my atlas that show "our towns". If you look at the other map I sent you (via e-mail) (the one that shows the western half of Poland), I've made detailed pictures of the squares labelled "30 & 31" and "50 & 51" which show the "big citties" of Bytow, Koszierzyna, Chojnice & Czersk. Those cities that you told me about are all there, as well as the cities that I've already been researching for my Mom's ancestors.

I was going to upload these pages and then you could "paste" them together on your end. But I "tested" an upload of one of the pages to myself, and it took 15 minutes to upload and 15 minutes to download. I figured that was too long, so I glued the 4 pages together (actually, scotch-taped them) and will mail you 2 copies ---- one is for Kurt. I know you have other maps (and I'm still studying the one you sent), but I figured that if we each had a copy of the one I made, then at least in general, you Kurt and I can "sing out of the same song-book".

I've got some of the towns high-lighted that I've been researching. My Mom's are in yellow and the ones you gave me are in green. (When you see that, it's quite obvious how close my two sides of the family actually were).

I'll also include a scan of the one about the churches ---- so we can all have copies of that one too.

Hopefully, I'll be able to put them in the mail tomorrow or Thursday.

Thanks again Karen for all your help! You & Kurt are truly great friends. I'm looking forward to getting my films so I can help you guys out with your noble venture!!

Have a nice day!
Bob

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Matthia - Matthia Message Center ] [ FAQ ]